We Welcome Comments to Our Blog.
Comments are a great way to acknowledge the work of another person, but they can do more than just this.
By adding comments we can begin or continue a conversation about a topic and extend the depth of our learning.
* Read the whole post first.
* Be positive, encouraging and respect other people’s opinions.
* Write meaningful comments about the topic, rather than just saying “Awesome”.
* Always write full words and sentences – no ‘text talk’ please.
* Use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
* Proof-read your comment before you hit ‘send’.
* Add a question when you want to continue the conversation.
* Write your first name only.
* Parents – please protect the identity of your child. For example – Jenny M, or Bob’s mum.
* Protect your privacy – don’t give out any personal information about yourself, your family or your friends.
1. Click on the TITLE of the post.
2. Scroll down to the ‘Leave a Reply’ box.
3. Enter your first name. eg. John, John R, or John’s dad
4. Enter your email address (this is not published). [You can skip this step if you wish]
5. Write the ‘anti-spam’ word.
6. Write your comment.
7. Re-read and check your spelling and punctuation.
8. Click ‘Submit Comment’. (Before submitting, it is a good idea to COPY your comment just in case something goes wrong – Ctrl C or Right Click Copy.)
9. Your comment WILL NOT appear straight away on the blog. It will need to be approved by Mrs Niewman first.
I was interested in your . . .
I really enjoyed reading about . . .
I can relate to this because . . .
I was wondering how you . . .
Your ideas made me think about . . .
I liked the way you . . .
* * * * * *
(This page was adapted from a page on Clairvaux Connects of which I was the author.)