Today we welcomed Greg from who spoke to the year 6 students, the staff and the parents about being safe on the internet.
Did you know . . .
- that Instagram is more popular than Facebook with primary school students? (despite the age requirement being 13+)
- that most children have never set their privacy settings to private? (this means that the photos they post can be displayed on Google images)
- that approximately 40% of our year 6 children have been asked for personal details by someone online they do not know?
- that the 3 most common passwords are – password, 123456 and 12345678? Using a weak password can increase the chances of being hacked and your personal details stolen.
- that bystanders are very important in tackling cyberbullying because when they intervene or report it, bullying is more likely to stop?
- that the photos you post online to friends you know can be screen-captured, saved and sent on to people you don’t know.
How Cybersmart are you?
Try the Cybersafety Kids Quiz here
The internet is a great place!
Let’s get ‘cyber smart’ and enjoy all the great things on it safely.